Fraudsters target properties, effectively stealing your home by taking the legal title, pretending to be you and selling or mortgaging it.
Since your property is probably the most valuable asset you own, it is very important that you do all you can to prevent it from being the subject of fraud.
There is an increased risk of property fraud when:
- Your property is empty or has been bought to let
- You are abroad or otherwise absent
- The owner is infirm or in a care home
- There is a relationship break down
- The property has no mortgage